- SharePoint startup time very slow
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – Full or Server Core
- Sharepoint database connection string – what is it?
- SSAS: Excel Data Connection Wizard missing cube(s)
- Excel Error: There was a problem sending the command to the program
- SSIS 2008 and SSIS 2008 R2 are the same (or are they?)
- Viewing cubes when upgrading to SQL Server 2012
- Extraction from INFORMIX database using SSIS (Data warehouse ETL)
- A user name and password are being requested by http://localhost:8080. The site says: “XDB”
- IsNull versus COALESCE
- Cannot connect to SQL Server from remote machine?
- Reporting Services 2008 R2 running on local machine
- Which DMV should I use?
- SQL Server Disaster Recovery
- Missing indexes = poor performance
- Troubleshooting: string or binary data would be truncated
- SSIS export to Excel – Data type issue – “Number Stored as Text”
- SQL Server BUG – May cause loss of data – Chnaging a column from NULLable in to NOT NULL
- SQL Server performance (2008)
- Looking for suspicious data
Tag Archives: sql server service pack
Check each of these… Make sure SQL Server is running on the target machine (SQL Server Configuration) Ensure TCP/IP is enabled (SQL Server Configuration) Ensure “Allow remote connections to this server” is enabled (SSMS server properties) Note default setting: 2005=disabled, … Continue reading
How to get configuration and properties for your SQL server e.g version, type, licence type, collation
Use the SERVERPROPERTY function with a parameter. There are 30 (ish) of them so the follow gets them all or just cut and past the one you need. Run this in any DB SET NOCOUNT ON SELECT ‘BuildClrVersion’ as PropertyName … Continue reading