- SSAS / Excel 2010 – An error was encountered in the transport layer
- The SQL Server instance specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is not available
- Attaching the Script debugger to process ‘ iexplore.exe’ on machine ” failed. A debugger is already attached.
- SharePoint startup time very slow
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – Full or Server Core
- Sharepoint database connection string – what is it?
- SSAS: Excel Data Connection Wizard missing cube(s)
- Excel Error: There was a problem sending the command to the program
- SSIS 2008 and SSIS 2008 R2 are the same (or are they?)
- Viewing cubes when upgrading to SQL Server 2012
- Extraction from INFORMIX database using SSIS (Data warehouse ETL)
- A user name and password are being requested by http://localhost:8080. The site says: “XDB”
- IsNull versus COALESCE
- Cannot connect to SQL Server from remote machine?
- Reporting Services 2008 R2 running on local machine
- Which DMV should I use?
- SQL Server Disaster Recovery
- Missing indexes = poor performance
- Troubleshooting: string or binary data would be truncated
- SSIS export to Excel – Data type issue – “Number Stored as Text”
Monthly Archives: August 2011
ISSUE: SQL export to Excel using SSIS We want to export numeric data directly to Excel but the rows come out as “Number Stored as Text” Why is this and how do we get around it so that the numeric … Continue reading
There is a bug in SQL Server (2008 R2 fully patched) when you change a column from NULLABLE to NOT NULL which can cause loss of data This bug has been around for ages and I have been caught out … Continue reading
SQL uses dynamic management views to show loads of very useful information about itself and its performance. One of the more useful dmv’s for performance tuning is sys.dm_os_performance_counters You can query this simply like this SELECT * FROM sys.dm_os_performance_counters but … Continue reading